Dr. Ohhira's Professional Formula Probiotics 60 Capsules
Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics® Professional Formula uses 12 select probiotic strains of LIVE lactic acid bacteria in a longer 5-year fermentation process. This results in a highly concentrated formula optimized for individuals with complex digestive and immune health goals.
Powerful and Unique Biogenic GI Remodeling System
- PREbiotics Culture Medium – fermented vegetables and mushrooms that nourish the probiotics
- PRObiotics – friendly bacteria that help you digest food and support immune responsez
- POSTbiotics– pH balancing organic acids along with naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids to support digestive function and whole health
This formula is known to re-populate the intestines with friendly, beneficial bacteria that are essential to a healthy digestive system, immune system and for overall wellness.
The bacteria count per capsule is roughly 780,000 - 1,000,000. However, because of the fermentation process used in development, once introduced into the digestive system, the bacteria count doubles every 30 minutes for approximately 8 hours.
Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics Professional Formula uses a unique 5 year, long-term fermentation process to produce a superior biogenically-active probiotic supplement.
This rich food matrix is fermented together with 12 strains of Lactic Acid bacteria resulting in a dense concentrate of naturally occurring prebiotics, live probiotics, and postbiotic metabolites which promote a healthy GI tract and improve gut health.
Developed by award winning microbiologist Lichiroh Ohhira, Ph.D., and esteemed research scientists from Okayama University, this formula combines ancient Japanese fermentation techniques with modern technology.
Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics Professional Formula differs from the Original Formula (3 year formula) by being naturally fermented for an additional 2 years in an anaerobic environment to increase its robust biogenic medium, further supporting gut health and colonic pH.
The 12 Probiotic Strains used in Dr. Ohhira’s Formula
1. Enterococcus faecalis TH10 – The proteolytic power of Dr. Ohhira’s proprietary TH-10 strain is what distinguishes it from other Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB). Proteolytic power is the ability of LAB to digest protein during the fermentation process. The greater its ability to digest protein, the greater the power of the LAB. Enterococcus faecalisTH10 has been found to produce compounds that promote a balanced microbiome and healthy gastrointestinal function.*
2. Bifidobacterium breve ss. breve M-16v – Promotes comfortable digestion and regularity; helps support a healthy immune system*
3. Bifidobacterium infantis ss. infantis M-63 – Promotes digestive comfort in both the stomach and intestinal tract*
4. Bifidobacterium longum BB536 – Supports the body’s ability to process and eliminate nitrates in food*
5. Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14®︎ – Supports a healthy immune system; helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range*
6. Lactobacillus brevis ss. brevis NBRC 3345 – Produces natural bacteriocins, which support a healthy immune system*
7. Lactobacillus bulgaricus NBRC 13953 – Supports digestive comfort and healthy stomach acid*
8. Lactobacillus casei ss. cassei TO-A – Supports a healthy immune system, promotes healthy cellular growth and normal apoptosis*
9. Lactobacillus fermentum NBRC 3071 – Supports a healthy immune system and promotes nitrogen activation*
10. Lactobacillus helveticus ss. jugurti NBRC 3809 – Supports a healthy immune system and promotes the body’s ability to maintain healthy cellular growth*
11. Lactobacillus plantarum TO-A – Produces natural bacteriocins, which support a healthy immune system*
12. Streptococcus thermopilus NBRC 13957 – Supports production of the antioxidant SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE
|Dietary Specialty||Non GMO, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Gluten Free, Shellfish Free, Soy Free, Tree Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Wheat Free|
|Directions||Take one capsule twice daily with or without food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Refrigeration not required.|
|Supplement Facts||Proprietary Fermented Food Concentrate‡ including: 420 mg **|
Prebiotics -Fruits: Prunes (Prunus domestica), Goji berries (Lycium chinense), Figs (Ficus carica), Blueberries (vaccinium spp.), Red Bayberries (Myrica rubra), Yuzu fruit (Citrus junos), Vegetables (leaves): Japanese mugwort (Artemisia princeps), Komatsuna (Brassica rapa var. perviridis) Mushrooms (fruiting bodies): Shiitake (Lentinula edodes), Agaricus (A. blazei), Maitake (Grifola frondosa) Seaweed (leaves & stalks): Hijiki (Hizikia fusiforme), Wakame (Undaria pinnatifida), Kombu Kelp (Laminaria japonica)
Probiotics -Lactic Acid Bacteria (used in fermentation): Bifodobacteria ( B. breve ss. breve M-16v , B. infantis ss. infantis M-63, B. longum BB536), Enterococcus faecalis TH 10, Lactobacilli (L. acidophilus ATCC SD5212 , L. brevis NBRC 3345, L. bulgaricus NBRC 13953, L. casei TO-A, L. Fermentum NBRC 3701, L. helveticus ss. jugurti BBRC 3809, L. plantarum TO-A) and Streptococcus thermophilus NBRC 13957.
Postbiotics (nutrients developed in fermentation process) including : Short-chain fatty acids and other organic acids (such as acetic, citric, fulvic, humic and phenyllactic acids), oligosaccharides, polyphenols, melanoidin (anti-oxidant), and trace amounts of chelated minerals, vitamins and amino acids.
Mountain spring water, safflower oil, vegetarian soft-gel capsule (roasted non-GMO starch, glycerin, food-grade carrageenan from red seaweed, and class 1 natural caramel color), calcium carbonate, glycerin ester, vitamin E, beeswax, and lecithin.
Does not contain milk, egg, fish, tree nuts, wheat (gluten), peanuts or soy allergens.